Town Emergency Info

911 (Police, Fire, Medical emergencies)
9-11 is available throughout New Hampshire and Vermont. If your cell phone routes you to the wrong state, they know how to take care of that for you.

New Hampshire State Police (24 hour)
800-525-5555 (from New Hampshire only)
603-846-5517 (Twin Mountain Barracks)

Vermont State Police (24 hour)
802-222-4680 (Bradford Barracks)

Town of Bradford Police Department (non-emergency only, not 24 hour)

Town of Fairlee Police Department (non-emergency only, not 24 hour)

Town of Haverhill Police Department (24 hour)
603-787-2222 (Haverhill, Mountain Lakes, North Haverhill, Pike, Woodsville)

Town of Newbury Police Department (no number available – use 911 or State Police)
Newbury, Wells River, West Newbury

Town of Orford Police Department (24 hour)

Town of Piermont Police Department (24 hour)

Suicide Prevention (24 hour)
800-273-8255 (National)

New Hampshire & Vermont Crisis Hotline (24 hour)
603-448-4400 (Headrest)

Vermont Mental Health Emergency (24 hour)
800-639-6360 (Clara Martin Center)

Poison Control (24 hour)
800-222-1222 (Northern New England)

New Hampshire Health & Human Services Referral (24 hour)
211 (from New Hampshire only)

Vermont Health & Human Services Referral (24 hour)
211 (from Vermont only)

Electrical Emergency – New Hampshire (24 hour)
Depends on where you are. If you don’t know which electric company, we suggest you call 911.
800-662-7764 Public Service of New Hamphire
800-343-6432 New Hampshire Electric Coop
603-747-2442 Woodsville Water & Light

Electrical Emergency – Vermont (24 hour)
800-649-2877 Green Mountain Power (Vermont emergencies only)