Are you looking for a way to make an impact in the community? Are you interested in learning what
being part of a Board is like? Are you interested in volunteering your time for the benefit of others in our
community? If you answered, “yes” to those questions, The Cohase Chamber of Commerce may be just
the right fit for you. We are seeking a high school student in the 11 th grade who wants to serve on our
Board as a Junior Member. This would be a one year, non-voting term with the possibility to extend the
term to a full Board member with voting rights. The term of service would begin on January 1, 2022.
The right candidate will:
- Be willing to sharing their ideas respectfully while listening to other’s ideas with an open mind.
- Have the availability to join Board meetings from 5:30-7 the 2nd Tues of every month.
- Be willing to volunteer time outside of Board Meetings for events and activities.
Interested Candidates Should:
1) Respond by emailing their cover letter, resume, and 3 letters of recommendation to
firstname.lastname@example.org no later than December 1, 2021.
2) Please respond to our mission statement, “We are committed to fostering a vibrant economic
climate by encouraging cooperation and communication among the region’s communities, while
ensuring a high quality of life.” In your own words, what does that mean?
3) In one page or less after reviewing our website (cohase.org) please tell our Board, why you
should be chosen to join our Board of Directors. What special talents, unique perspectives, or
original ideas will you bring with you?
4) Letters of recommendations should include 2 school staff members and 1 non-family member.
We look forward to hearing from you!
The Cohase Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors